The program of study in philosophy offers a Bachelor of Arts degree. All majors take several general requirements, including a foreign language through FL 2001 and a three-hour senior seminar. Philosophy majors are expected to demonstrate:
- General knowledge of philosophical traditions and their social and historical contexts;
- Knowledge of varied philosophical questions, problems, and issues; relevant social and historical contexts; and various methodological approaches to them;
- Ability to conduct philosophical research;
- Ability to read and think critically; and
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
Program Admission Requirements
This program does not have specific admission requirements and only admission to Kennesaw State University is required. For more information, please visit the Admissions section of the Catalog.
Each student is expected to meet the Academic Policies Graduation Policies and Procedures outlined in the Academic Policies section of the Catalog.
Double Owl Pathway
This program offers a Double Owl Pathway. The Double Owl Pathway is an advising pathway for high-potential KSU undergraduate students who want to accelerate the attainment of a Master’s degree at KSU. For pathway options and to learn if you qualify, visit https://doubleowl.kennesaw.edu
Program of Study