May 18, 2022
Contact: Dr. Tiffany Esmat, ES Program Coordinator
Bachelor of Science Degree
WellStar College of Health and Human Services
Department of Exercise Science and Sport Management
The Exercise Science program is a scientifically based program designed to prepare competent entry-level Exercise Science professionals in the cognitive (knowledge), psychomotor (skills), and affective (abilities) learning domains. The Exercise Science program offers a diversified program that includes both introductory and advanced coursework, laboratory experiences and the opportunity for practical application of knowledge through community and research based experiences. The program can also be used as pre-professional preparation for post graduate study in exercise science or other health related disciplines including physical therapy, occupational therapy and medical programs. The Exercise Science program is designed to prepare students for appropriate professional organization certifications. For information regarding program admission, please contact the Wellstar College of Health and Human Services Advising Center at http://wellstarcollege.kennesaw.edu/advising.
Program Admission and Retention Criteria
In order to declare the Exercise Science major, students must meet the following requirements:
- Must have met Kennesaw State University admission requirements.
- Must have an institutional GPA of 2.75 or better
- Applicants must have a 3.0 cumulative grade point average with a minimum grade of “C” in each required course for admission including BIOL 2221 , BIOL 2221L , BIOL 2222 , BIOL 2222L , CHEM 1211 , CHEM 1211L , CHEM 1212 , CHEM 1212L , ES 2100 . No more than two attempts will be allowed to earn the degree.
- Admitted students must earn a grade of “C” or better in each required course within the Exercise Science curriculum of which only two attempts will be allowed to earn the degree.
- Candidates must complete and submit a program application by the stated deadline. Information regarding the application process can be obtained from the Wellstar College of Health and Human Services Advising Center.
(CHEM 1211 and CHEM 1211L) and (CHEM 1212 and CHEM 1212L) may either be used in General Education Area D or in Major Field Electives.
General Education Requirements Specific to This Major:
Lower Division Major Requirements (Area F) (18 Credit Hours)
Exercise Science Core (32 Credit Hours)
Capstone Experience (3 Credit Hour)
Major Field Electives (15 Credit Hours)
Select 15 credit hours of BIOL, CHEM, ES, HPE, PHYS, PSYC, SM. 6 credit hours must be at the 3000-4000 level.
Free Electives (10 Credit Hours)
Any course in the university curriculum.
Program Total (120 Credit Hours)
University-Wide Degree Requirements (3 Credit Hours)
See listing of requirements.
Exercise Science majors may substitute ES 2100 for WELL 1000.
Graduation Credit Hour Total (123 Credit Hours)