Contact for MSCM: Sherrill W. Hayes, Ph.D., Director MSCM Program
Office: MD 2205 SO Bldg. 22 Rm 5034
Contact for MBA: Dr. Timothy Mathews, Director of MBA Programs
The Master of Business Administration/Master Science in Conflict Management is a dual degree offered by the Coles College of Business Administration and the College of Humanities and Social Sciences. The primary objective of this program is to prepare students for competitive leadership and managerial positions in careers requiring extensive understanding and interaction with conflict management and business acumen. The students’ desire for this program comes from the extensive interaction between the two sectors in areas such as global project management, negotiations and contracting.
Program Admission Requirements
To be admitted into the dual degree program, the applicant must specify the option at the time of application to the Graduate School. Students interested in applying for the MBA-MSCM dual degree program should consult with both the MSCM Director and MBA Director with regard to admission requirements and required courses.
GENERAL ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR THE MBA-MSCM DUAL DEGREE PROGRAM*
- Submission of application to the graduate admission office and a non-refundable application fee.
- Baccalaureate degree from an institution accredited in a manner accepted by Kennesaw State University.
- Academic background (approved by MBA and MSCM program directors).
- Current GMAT score required by each individual program
- Two letters of recommendation.
- Personal statement that explains interest in enrolling in the dual degree program.
- Professional experience via Resume and two years of working professional experience.
(Note: Personal interviews will be conducted whenever possible and responsible work, community service, and leadership experience will be considered).
*International applicants have additional requirements; see Graduate Admissions section of KSU’s catalog.
The program consists of a minimum of 53 hours of graduate study of which 27 hours are in areas of Business Administration and 26 hours are in Conflict Management. Additional credit hours may be required depending on each student’s academic background. Students may also be required to take foundational courses in business as specified by the respective program director. It generally takes approximately three years to earn both degrees for a full-time student.
Students will be required to take the core courses from both MBA and MSCM programs as well as one international business elective in the Coles College of Business: