The Bachelor of Business Administration in Hospitality Management program is designed to prepare students for employment in the growing field of hospitality defined broadly as hotels, restaurants, convention and exposition centers, theme and amusement parks etc. Based on a business core foundation, the hospitality program prepares students with a strong business curriculum, experience in the hospitality industry, and content courses that cover key areas of hospitality business. The curriculum lies at the intersection of service management and analytics, through courses in guest service management, revenue management, and strategic analytics in hospitality. In the age of Big Data, the prospective program aims to equip students with skills to analyze and interpret how external and internal factors influence decision making in hospitality enterprises, and thereby impact organizational performance.
Admission to the Hospitality Management, BBA program is separate from admission to Kennesaw State University. Students must meet the program’s requirements outlined below to pursue this degree program.
- All students must meet the admission requirements for freshmen and/or transfer students as determined by KSU prior to applying to the Coles College Professional Program.
- Business majors must apply for and be accepted to the Coles College Undergraduate Professional Program in order to graduate with a B.B.A. degree - a Bachelor of Business Administration.
- The Coles B.B.A. requires 120 semester hours. Students apply for this program during or after their sophomore year. Admission to the program gives students access to upper division-business courses needed to complete the B.B.A. degree, as well as professional and career development opportunities.
- Once students declare their major as business, they will need to meet with a Coles College Academic Advisor, successfully complete BUSA 2150 and satisfactorily complete the Coles Sophomore GPA requirement.
- Students must complete the seven courses in the Lower Division Business Core (ACCT 2101, ACCT 2102, ECON 2105, ECON 2106, ECON 2300, IS 2200, and BLAW 2200) with a GPA of 3.0 or above, including a grade of “C” or better in each course.
- Once a student is accepted into the Coles College of Business, then he/she can proceed with a hospitality management major.
Each student is expected to meet the Academic Policies Graduation Policies and Procedures outlined in the Academic Policies section of the catalog.
Program of Study