2019-2020 Graduate Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]
Teacher Leadership Endorsement - Stand-Alone and Embedded
The Teacher Leadership Endorsement program is designed for experienced educators. Instruction will involve the use of a variety of instructional methods including, but not limited to, problem-based learning, modules, case-studies, simulation, field experiences, research and individual projects. Application of learning to school-based issues and problems is a critical component of this applied program.
Graduate Degree Candidates
Currently-enrolled KSU students may apply for admission to the Teacher Leadership Endorsement while enrolled in programs that lead to a T-5 certificate or higher.
The Teacher Leadership Endorsement program employs a holistic evaluation of non-degree candidates for admission to the program, which considers the candidate’s teaching or professional experience, prior graduate or undergraduate coursework, the faculty’s belief in the candidate’s likely success in the program, and other factors relevant to the university, college, and program mission. Candidates wishing to obtain the Teacher Leadership Endorsement as non-degree students typically meet the following admission requirements:
- earned bachelor’s degree in teaching or a closely related field
- clear, renewable Georgia T-5 certification (or comparable from another state)
- 2.75 GPA on prior academic work
- Letter of Support Form from supervisor (e.g. principal, assistant principal, department chair, or grade level chair)
- prior P-12 teaching and/or leadership experience
Non-degree candidates completing the Teacher Leadership Endorsement who subsequently wish to transfer credit for the endorsement into a graduate degree program at Kennesaw State University must meet the admission requirements as outlined for that degree; be fully admitted to the degree; and have approval from the program coordinator of the degree program to transfer the non-degree endorsement courses to the program of study. General requirements for applying to graduate study are outlined below; however, specific graduate programs may have additional application requirements.
- complete the online graduate application
- submit official transcripts from each college attended, including those institutions where degrees were not earned
- obtain and submit a copy of Georgia Teaching Certification (clear, renewable) or comparable
- submit signed Letter of Support Form
- additional requirements apply for international candidates: http://www.kennesaw.edu/graduate/admissions/intlreqtsnew.html