The goal of the Master of Science in Healthcare Management and Informatics program is to educate and produce a robust workforce that has the skills and knowledge of the intersecting domains of healthcare, management, and informatics. This graduate program will take students from a variety of backgrounds and provide them with a strong foundation in healthcare, information systems, computer science, informatics, and data analytics with the objective to produce a workforce that has a comprehensive understanding of the domain of healthcare management and informatics and that can fuel the engine of economic development in this promising domain.
Graduates will be grounded in the knowledge base on healthcare management and informatics, including:
- Broad knowledge of the delivery and practice of healthcare in the US system along with the challenges and opportunities in the international landscape.
- Operational knowledge of the ethical, legal, security/privacy, and quality issues as they relate to healthcare management and informatics.
- Knowledge of the basic principles emphasizing the role of informatics as it relates to various complex problems covering the entire domain of healthcare from disease management, patients/providers, drug discovery, evidence based medicine, personalized medicine, etc.
- Knowledge of organizational behavior and management principles as they applyto the issues at the intersecting domain of healthcare, information systems, and informatics.
- Knowledge and skills associated with statistics, quantitative/qualitative research methods, and quality issues associated with healthcare management and informatics.
- Applied knowledge of computer science with respect to database design and management and data structures in the context of healthcare • Knowledge of advanced scholarship so that students are capable of addressing critical issues in the domain via written and oral form d. Location of the program - main campus or other approved site.
Admission Requirements for the Potential HMI Candidates:
1. Online Application and Non-Refundable Fee
2. Acceptable undergraduate grade-point average:
3. Satisfactory score on the GMAT or GRE (General) test
4. Application Letter/Brief Essay
5. Current Resume
6. Two Letters of Recommendation
7. International Applicants (IELTS or TOEFL required)